TransLingua supports UN CSW65 Commission on the Status of Women
After a year of challenges and adjustments due to the Covid-19 pandemic, TransLingua has emerged transformed and renewed. Our staff and our linguists have very well transitioned to the online environment, including our Interpretation Division that was put to the test and proudly supported the following events within the framework of the 65th session of the Commission on the Status of Women during a busy two-week period from March 15 – 26, 2021:
French interpretation support for two events hosted by the Canadian Government:
- Informal conversation between His Excellency Robert Rae and representatives of indigenous women’s organizations on Ways to Advance the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Indigenous Women and Girls at the United Nations.
- Virtual Event for Canadian Participants to Celebrate UNCSW65 with Minister Monsef and Ambassador Rae – an important opportunity to engage with Canadian civil society organizations (CSOs) and seek their views regarding Canada’s strategic objectives for the UNCSW.
German, Spanish, American & German Sign Language support for two events hosted by the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung:
- What we need, what we want – Women in Political Parties, with Silvia Breher, Member of the Bundestag and Vice-President CDU, Germany.
- FeMALE Diplomacy – Women in Foreign Policy, with Günter Sautter, Deputy Permanent Representative of Germany to the United Nations.
International Sign Language support for two events hosted by CREA (Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action):
- Counting Sex Workers In! campaign – a UNCSW65 event in support of the voices and activism of women, girls, and trans and gender non-binary people who are often marginalized in their communities.
- Practicing Feminist Disability Rights Organizing: Strategies for Collective Action, a parallel event to the UNCSW65.
French interpretation support for the ARDN (African Renaissance and Diaspora Network):
- 3rd VIRTUAL WOMEN OF THE DIASPORA SUMMIT – THE IMPACT OF COVID 19 ON MENTAL HEALTH
Spanish and French interpretation support for events hosted by the IWHC – International Women’s Health Coalition:
- Daily meetings and parallel events during the Commission on the Status of Women
- WRC Press Conference at the Closing of the 65th CSW – to comment on the proceedings; provide analysis on the outcomes, the achievements and missed opportunities; reflect on the role of civil society in the CSW; and highlight the importance and impact of commitments made by governments at the CSW.